Anyone can commission an new piece of music. You don't have to be musically inclined, or a guitarist to do that. You just have to have an appreciation of a composer's work and want to show your support.
There are many reasons that you might want to commission a new piece:
- A special birthday or anniversary gift
- In rememberence of a loved one or special pet
- First rights to perform a new work
- Your name appears in the score
- Spread new music to the rest of the world
- As a fun and rewarding experience
- Your company wants exclusive music for advertising, broadcasts, videos, music-on-hold
I compose for guitar of course, but I also can compose for multiple pieces and styles all the way up to full orchestra. If you would like to discuss commissioning a new work, contact me by email at email@example.com
The cost to you, like any work of labor, is based upon hours of work involved and is negotiable, as are the rights that you might also receive of the new work. You can expect to pay about $200 per minute of music which will include exclusive rights, (like owning an original painting), sheet music and recording of the finished piece. Commissioned work requires half down to start, and the rest upon completion.
If time allows, I sometimes can compose on spec. Which means you don't pay for the music unless you like it. To find out more about commissioning new music fill in the form below:
If your not quite ready to commission an entire piece, you should check out Music by the Measure to partcipate in composing in a small way.